Your manuscript ought to be a concern for book in Tobacco Control
- In the event that video clip shows any living that is identifiable and/or recognizable personal stats, writers have to demonstrate that permission happens to be obtained. If your patient permission kind ended up being given to the relevant article, there’s no necessity to present this once again when it comes to movie.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sites that are sharing. Frequently they are standard choices from your own modifying computer computer software. a thorough guide is available from the vimeo site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account from the Hightail site. Please are the journal’s name along with your manuscript ID number within the message field – this will allow us to fit your video clip to your paper. Your video clip has to be gotten because of the right time which you return the modifications for the article proof, at the extremely latest. Please be aware that in the event that you usually do not properly label your movie or you miss out the due date, this might cause delays in book of both your article and also the video.
All video clip abstracts would be examined for suitability by the editorial publication and team is certainly not guaranteed in full. In certain full instances editors may request edits towards the video clip.
Movie abstracts are embedded in the extensive research article online and additionally posted individually in the journal’s YouTube channel. These are typically posted underneath the exact same copyright terms because the associated article.
Article processing fees
During distribution, writers can select to possess their article published access that is open GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Authors may also decide to publish their article in color for the print version – as opposed to the default choice of black and that is white GBP 250. There are not any distribution, web web page or colour that is online-only costs.
To learn more about available access, funder compliance and institutional programmes please just click here.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 information policy. We highly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be produced available as quickly as possible, anywhere legitimately and ethically feasible. A Data must be contained by all research articles Availability Statement. For lots more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s Data Sharing Policy that is full web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the author that is submitting enough time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne records to ORCID. We strongly genuinely believe that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs is going to be very theraputic for the entire research community.
Please find more info about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the under article kind requirements such as the necessary article lengths, pictures, dining dining table restrictions and guide counts. The term count excludes the name web web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and recommendations. Manuscripts must be since succinct as you are able to.
For further help when coming up with your distribution please relate to the resources available regarding the BMJ Author Hub. Right right Here you will discover information on writing and formatting your quest until the review that is peer and promoting your paper. You can also desire to utilize the language translation and editing solutions given by BMJ Author Services.
In case the article is accepted you’ll make use of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos , a totally free solution to assist you increase your article’s reach.
Articles research that is reporting be complete size or brief reports. Documents should generally be no more than 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, recommendations, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may periodically be produced to the, especially in the scenario of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in general shorter papers could be more competitive for book. The editors will look at the merits associated with the instance for longer documents on a case-by-case foundation, but documents much longer than 5000 terms won’t be considered. Writers are highly motivated to see or watch the suggested length limits, as exorbitant size may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper provided the room restrictions regarding the log.
Writers will include a part entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the key communications from the study the following:
- What exactly is currently understood with this topic. In 2 or three sentence that is single points please summarise their state of medical knowledge with this topic. Be clear and certain, perhaps perhaps not obscure.
- just What crucial gaps in knowledge occur with this topic.
- Exactly just exactly What this scholarly research adds. In one single or two sentence that is single points give a straightforward reply to the concern ‘ What do we now understand because of this study that people would not understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, certain, and accurate.
Term count: generally as much as 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
recommendations: no limitation, but be sure to use recommendations only as required
this short article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external
Brief reports are reduced variations of initial articles, must not write my paper for me go beyond 1500 words, and may even add one dining table or figure.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external.
Letter research that is(original
Research letters meant for publication is at the most 500 terms, 10 sources, and something dining table or figure. Those answering articles posted when you look at the log must certanly be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not replicate information offered into the text of a write-up. They need to have a name, a methods that are brief, outcomes and a conversation.
This informative article kind is susceptible to interior and external peer review.
Unique communications are documents which do not report initial research information but which offer a conversation, analysis, or summary of a subject that is particular. As a whole these ought to be 3500 terms or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of area restrictions.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of internal and peer review that is sometimes external.
Review articles offer overview of the literary works, frequently concerning a specific topic, nation, or region that is geographical. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, ought to include an abstract with all the following headings: objective, data sources, research selection, data removal, information synthesis, and conclusions Authors publishing review manuscripts and reports regarding the outcomes of meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of a maximum of 250 terms underneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract has to start by having a statement that is precise of main objective regarding the review. The main focus with this declaration must certanly be led by whether or not the review emphasises facets such as for instance cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or avoidance. It will consist of details about the certain populace, intervention, publicity, and test or result this is certainly being evaluated.
- Information sources – a summary that is succinct of sources should really be offered, including anytime limitations. Possible sources consist of experts or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and posted indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar proceedings, recommendations identified from bibliographies of pertinent articles and publications, and organizations or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. In case a bibliographic database is utilized, the precise indexing terms employed for article retrieval must certanly be stated, including any constraints (as an example, English language or individual topics).
- Learn selection – The abstract should explain the requirements utilized to pick studies for detail by detail review from among studies defined as strongly related the subject. Information on selection will include specific populations, interventions, results, or designs that are methodological. The technique accustomed apply these requirements ought to be specified – for instance, blind review, opinion, multiple reviewers. The percentage of initially identified studies that came across selection criteria should really be stated.
- Information removal – directions utilized for abstracting data and evaluating information quality and credibility (such as for example requirements for causal inference) should really be described. The strategy in which the principles had been used should always be stated: as an example, separate removal by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary link between the review, whether quantitative or qualitative, should really be stated. Practices used to have these total results ought to be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the outcomes that are major had been pooled and can include odds ratios or impact sizes and in case possible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes must certanly be combined with self- confidence intervals, if relevant, and precise degrees of analytical importance. Evaluations of assessment and diagnostic tests should deal with dilemmas of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver running characteristic curves, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis includes summarisations of success characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies should really be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, outcome measures, follow through, and dropout rates.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications must be demonstrably stated, restricting generalisation into the domain regarding the review. The necessity for brand brand new studies might be recommended.
Word count: by settlement, but generally speaking 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and sources)
this short article kind is susceptible to internal and outside peer review.