CAE – essay: guidelines to assist you compose your essay
Essay writing planning
The component 1 concern will be an essay on a provided subject. A couple of notes on the subject will be supplied, and can add three bullet points. Applicants would be expected to pick two associated with the bullet points and also to base their essay on those two points. They need to perhaps perhaps not try to talk about significantly more than two associated with the true points, as this will result in the essay being less developed than required. Candidates is likewise expected to spell out which of this two points is more essential in a offered respect, also to offer good reasons for their viewpoint.
linked to the bullet points. .
AN ESSAY is usually written for the educational tutor and can be a follow-up to a task, such as for instance going to a panel conversation or viewing a documentary. It must be well organised, with an introduction, clear development, and an appropriate summary. into the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) Writing paper .
– Use the duty input that will help you prepare but you will need to avoid copying expressions through the input to some extent 1. make use of your words that are own.
- INTRODUCTION and CONCLUSION
– Effective introductory and concluding paragraphs. Into the introduction, state the subject obviously, offer a quick outline for the problem, saying why it’s important or why individuals have various viewpoints about any of it.
– USUALLY DO NOT express you viewpoint at the start of your essay (develop you essay in a way you draw) that it guides the reader to the conclusion.
– DO offer your viewpoint within the last paragraph.
- SECOND and THIRD PARAGRAPHS
– shape essay-writer com your argument. Each brand new paragraph has one primary concept, stated in a subject sentence.
– consist of appropriate details to aid the primary concept: these might consist of examples, rhetorical questions (do no overdo it), controversial or surprising statements. In the event that you incorporate a downside, offer a possible solution, too.
– DO use a somewhat formal register plus a tone that is objective. Avoid being too psychological.
– make every effort to utilize adverbials that are linking organise your thinking and also to ensure it is possible for your reader to adhere to your argument.
– into the exam, enable your self time for you to look at your sentence structure, spelling and punctuation completely.
Model concerns and responses
Essay 1 – Model question
Your course has attended a panel discussion on which practices governments should used to discourage making use of private vehicles in the middle associated with the town. The notes have been made by you below.
Write an essay for the tutor, talking about two of this techniques in your records. You should explain which method you believe is more crucial for governments to take into account, providing reasons to guide your viewpoint.
You may possibly, if you want, utilize the opinions indicated within the conversation you should make use of your very own terms in terms of feasible. Write your essay in 220-260 terms within an style that is appropriate.
Essay 1 – Model answer
Too traffic that is much a major frustration for all when you look at the town because of the noise, pollution and, needless to say, terrible delays through the rush hour. Just how can the us government decrease traffic and people that are dissuade driving their vehicles in to the centre each day? In this specific article, i shall discuss two feasible ways to this pressing yet complex problem.
The first solution to give consideration to is definitely a training campaign which may consist of artistic and radio marketing, presentations to organizations and unique designated times such as ‘Walk to function time’. Set alongside the high cost of considerably updating our general public transportation system, marketing is reasonably low-cost and simple to make usage of. Having said that, it is hard to assess the effectiveness of these campaign beforehand because it utilizes people changing their ingrained practices.
A 2nd alternative would be to levy a income tax on parking within the town. This may be used both to companies and straight to customers. Although it is real that this will have immediate gains in income and alter behaviour, fees are unpopular and might additionally spot pressure that is unfair small enterprises and folks that do n’t have other transportation choices for work.
A multi-faceted education campaign would be the most effective starting point in my view. A tax could be a possible option but it would be tolerated better once citizens are educated about the benefits of fewer cars and a more pedestrianised centre in the future.
Essay 2 – Model question
Your course has attended a panel conversation on the action governments may take to advertise health insurance and physical fitness among young adults. You get the records below.
Write an essay for the tutor, talking about two of this actions in your records. You should explain which action you might think is much more important, providing reasons to aid your viewpoint.
You might, if you want, utilize the opinions indicated throughout the conversation however you should make use of your very own terms in terms of feasible.
Write your essay in 220-260 terms within an appropriate design.
Essay 2 – Model solution
We usually hear about the numerous advantages of health. Nevertheless, less often do we hear tangible ideas for how exactly to enhance involvement prices, specially among teenagers. In this specific article I will talk about two actions that are possible governments could concentrate on so that you can market physical fitness to youth today.
The initial feasible action is to enhance physical training teaching in schools. Neighborhood students have actually in some instances reported that the curriculum is rigid and emphasises repetitive tasks in place of group recreations and satisfaction. Better part models and much more adventurous choices may lead to attitude that is improved involvement. Obviously, employing specialist sports instructors would incur considerable expense.
A option that is second be to try to replace the extremely competitive attitudes that seem ingrained in a lot of for the recreations competitions for youths. whenever grownups such as for example parents and instructors concentrate on winning above having a time that is good it places undue stress on the individuals. They could feel a feeling of failure when they lose and additionally be less likely to try a sport that is new.
In conclusion, either approach will be one step when you look at the direction that is right. In my own view, it might be a good idea to prioritise coping with reducing competition first because in my opinion it might assist young people feel much better concerning the recreations they currently do. They might then, in turn, influence their friends to participate in.